Tuesday, January 16, 2007

NEH-Neh-Neh-Neh-Neh-Neh-NEH-Neh!

You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too--yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you!
So, today is Lochlain's birthday - or hopefully still will be by the time I finish this post. We had a very busy 4-day (for some) weekend that had surprising guests, great meals, outings, and a birthday party (or two). And of course, Seanie ran away from home, went overseas, and became a London street urchin / pickpocket:

"Oi, Guv'nor!"

But I digress -this weekend, Peepah came down for a long weekend visit. He arrived late Thursday night (so late, that by the time we got home from the airport and went to bed, it was well into Friday morning). Not to say that our house is big, but Peepah got a little lost on his way to his bedroom that first night - Ba-DUM-dum! The next day (Friday), we put the kids into Daycare, I dropped Bean off at work, and then Peepah and I tried to take care of registering our cars with NC DMV. 2 trips to the DMV office later, it was determined that Bean had to be present as well - so we ditched that idea and went shopping for Loch's birthday instead. Then Bean took us out for lunch at Ganache and afterwards Dad and I walked around checking out City Center Park right next to our office building (sometimes you can see the Bean and I going to and from lunch via the park's web cam). Later that day, Lochlain and Sean got to see their Peepah at home - Lochain was happy enough to give Peepah a kiss! After Bean made us a nice home-cooked meal of stuffed sole, it was time for - what else? HAT TIME!



Saturday was an exciting day - we had a nice breakfast and then once Peepah and Bean ran some birthday errands, we went to the Children's Museum in the afternoon and then had dinner at the Outback. But the biggest thrill of the day came when not 1, not 2, but 4 Katunas stopped by on their way back to NY! It was pretty crazy - especially considering that my brother and sisters have yet to come visit. Ed and I were so excited, we put on our favorite shirts to celebrate - was that weird? We almost didn't get to see them as Ed got lost - luckily, I have my giant map of Greensboro in my home office, so I was able to guide him back to our house. But don't worry, Ed - that will be our little secret (like he reads this blog, anyway). Once they left and I checked to make sure that Meg Katuna didn't break our downstairs toilet, it was off to bed.



(BLOGGER'S NOTE: Forgive Bean for her slightly off-key rendition of "Happy Birthday" - she was concentrating on her cinematography) On Sunday, we took Peepah to Mass and then to Costco, because one follows the other. After Costco, we returned home, had lunch, and saddled up (or in Lochlain's case, waggoned up) and went to the park and then toured our little neighborhood. That night we had the traditional Meagher Sunday Pizza dinner but this time it was out at a place called PieWorks. We then went back and had Lochlain's birthday party - with cake, presents, and hats (but no Hat Time). Peepah had a relaxing (?) day on Monday with us and then I rushed him to the airport for his 7:10PM flight - which became something like a 10:50PM flight due to crappy visibility in New York. Hopefully, the good times we had this weekend kept him from getting too bored at RDU.



Lochlain celebrated his actual birthday (today) at his daycare with a little party with his classmates - Mommy and Daddy got to attend as well. He also got well-wishes from a lot of his family, and that made all of us very happy!


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hello?"
Hi. Can I speak to Lochlain?
"Sure - Loch, it's for you. It's Aunt Feather"
[heavy breathing] Aunt Fayer?
Hey Buddy. Happy Birthday.
Dank du. [hands phone back]
It was a CONVERSATION! He's growing up so fast. Um, Seanie in that hat is adorable--MORE HATS! I say, gov'ner, 'e 'as got a good 'ead for 'at wearin'. Well, you get my drift.
Happy birthday, munchkin. Your present will be in the mail tomorrow morning [fingers crossed]

1/17/07, 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooooooo Cute!!!
Happy Belated Birthday Loch!
xoxo Tatter

1/17/07, 6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Hat time has crossed state lines to the South. Also, I love Bean's rendition of Happy Birthday...I mean, I REALLY LOVE IT!!!!

1/17/07, 7:45 PM  
Blogger The Triscuit's Dad said...

"slightly" off key?

1/18/07, 9:27 AM  
Blogger Tim Easy said...

Cheers to the birthday boy!

1/20/07, 12:10 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOCHLAIN!! You're growing up soooo fast!
I love you very much!
Loved your rendition of Happy Birtdhay, Bean! I was trying very hard not to laugh at this blog entry! I love Sean's hat - he's adorable!
XOXOX

1/20/07, 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home