Monday, January 22, 2007

John's Your Uncle*

Well, not YOUR uncle. HIS Uncle:


I introduce to you Brendan Michael Thiele - my newest nephew, and coincidentally, my godson. Huzzah! Born 01/20/07 and weighing in at 6 lbs, 15 ozs and 20 inches long - he's a cutie!

But so is Seanie, who once again escaped our North Carolina compound, fled South of The Border, and became a Mexican street urchin / pickpocket:

"¡Hola gobernador!"

And then there is Lochlain - Loch Mess, the Lochinator, Loch-a-doc, Cap'n Loch - the list goes on and on. The Terrible Twos have, as the month of March might put it, come in like a lion. A large, fierce lion with big, pointy, nasty teeth. He had his 2 year checkup last Thursday - a 37.75" (the nurse had to measure him twice because she was sure that couldn't be the correct measurement) / 32.5 lb engine of destruction. He's in the 97th percentile for height and 95th percentile for weight. And while I wouldn't say it's an orange on a toothpick, his giant melon is in the 90th percentile for head size. I hear it's going to slow down a bit according to other parents who had been in the same boat......but we'll see. Here is playing in his Super Fort - a gift from his Aunt Tatter:


*BLOGGER'S NOTE: I realize that while I am tickled pink over this very clever blog title, many of you would not get it. So here it is.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Congratulations, Godfather!!

1/23/07, 11:12 PM  
Blogger Tim Easy said...

Cor' blimey! Congratulations! Bobb's your uncle! heh! and oddly enough, Denis Motherway says hello!

1/23/07, 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the self-reference in the picture of Seanie, sir. So, what's Loch doing that's so terrible?
Later alligator...

1/24/07, 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations godparent!
I am loving the pictures - all of them. Ok, so I am partial to Loch's 'cause he's in the fort! I hope he likes it (& it isn't too much trouble to rearrange for you)!
& please yes, please elaborate on the terrible twos.
xoxo Tatter

1/26/07, 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home