Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day 2008 Addendum

I have to add a memory from Father's Day b/c otherwise I will forget it (and already did):

Last Thursday, Loch had a bad day at daycare. Heck, last week Loch had a bad week EVERYwhere. So, Friday was a very anxious day for Mommy and Daddy. Friday was also the day for Doughnuts for Dads, which I wanted to attend: 1) for myself, because donuts are tasty, but more importantly 2) for Loch, b/c the previous day had been such a hardship and I knew it would mean a lot to him if I attended. Unfortunately, Friday was also the only day I could get a vendor to pick up some equipment that had to go out. So I went in early, and with the aid of my co-workers, managed to get out of there, albeit a little late.
Late enough so that I as I rushed thru the center to Lochlain's class, I bumped into a very morose looking little boy being led by one of his teachers down to the office in order to call his father to see if he was coming to the morning's festivities. The lad in question was. of course, Lochlain - whose eyes and face lit up once he realized it was me! I have to tell you, it was one of the best moments in my life! Plus, there were donuts.......

And I ended up getting not one, but two little cups made by each of my little guys. It was a good beginning to Father's Day weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger feathermar said...

very cool story. And you know that Lochlain considers you his best friend...even if he tells Mommy all his secrets

6/17/08, 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good Father's Day! xoxo Tatter

6/18/08, 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you made it to Loch in time...I'd like a photo of the cups the boys made...and I also want to say that I enjoyed the golf video and Sean's little sling is too cute.

6/18/08, 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home