Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween 2009

Hey! It's not only Halloween, but it's my 101st post to the blog as well! Such a momentous occasion deserves a lot of pictures, and Halloween makes that easy!

First off, we had to decorate the yard, in our minimalist fashion. So that meant hanging ghosts from trees and carving pumpkins! We missed the Fall Festival this year, so we just had to buy our pumpkins at the supermarket. But everyone got one - though I had to carve the boys' as well as mine. I tried to get them involved with scooping out the "pumpkin guts", but THAT they thought was too icky.

One more to go!
I should point out here that Bean carved her own pumpkin (the skull on the right) and was very proud of her efforts.

Here are all 4 carved pumpkins - Sean, me, Bean and Loch.

And here they are lit up at night. Unfortunately, the weather was so warm, Bean's did not last 'til Halloween. In fact, the other 3 had to go right after Halloween.

Getting ready to hang ghosts from our trees. Hmm, I forgot to take those down today. Maybe I can keep them up for Thanksgiving - little pilgrim spirits or something. Then they can be the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future later in December. Somehow, I don't think Bean'll let that fly.
The boys were Batman and Robin for Halloween - and it was really Bean's idea. I swear!

The Dynamic Duo

I let Lochlain ham it up here - he's a natural.

As opposed to Seaniebear - whose karate kick looks more like he's about to step on an ant.

Seanie looks like he's going to be a football player; again you see the difference in the boys' posing abilities.

Holy Bat-Bookends!

"Can't....keep....balance...on tilted...floor!"

Funny If You're A Meagher Dept.: When we were little, our mom would make us tents using chairs and blankets. Well, the boys wanted a "secret hideout" this weekend. So I put 4 chairs together and threw some blankets over it. And that should've been that. But no....they needed pillows, extra blankets, a library, snacks, drinks and toys, to complete the experience. I'm surprised they didnt ask me to set up the portable DVD player for them as well (though come to think of it, that might've afforded us extended quiet time)......

The "Secret Hideout"

A rare glimpse of the "Members Only" section

4 Comments:

Blogger feathermar said...

Yowzas. Those are some cutie-patooties ya got there! I think Seanie is doing some kind of sumo-slap the floor - move instead of a karate anything...and Loch is totally a natural. I love where he's got the cape up!

11/1/09, 11:14 PM  
Blogger The Triscuit's Dad said...

Cute kids. Just convert to voodoo and you can leave the dolls up year round! Everyone's happy!

11/2/09, 10:46 AM  
Anonymous Dominick said...

in the last picture sean looks drunk lmfao!

11/3/09, 7:34 PM  
Anonymous beth said...

hey what's with the 5th itty bitty pumpkin???

11/4/09, 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home