Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Snow Day!

First off - a very Happy Birthday to our Carter-Girl!! She is 4 today. The boys called her this evening to convey good wishes. Loch had a mini-conversation with her, with Sean pestering him to speak as well. Of course, once given the phone, all he said was "Happy Birthday Carter!" Carter's Daddy and her Aunt Feather both blog about her recent birthday doings.

We got 5 inches of snow here yesterday! So of course, schools were closed - as well as most offices. Except ours. I even had to go in early, in fact. Bean was able to work from home - and due to the fact that no one really showed up anyway, I got to leave early to go play with the boys in the snow. It was Seanie's first real experience - but not Loch's first time. We ran around alot and tried to build a snowman and have a snowball fight. The snow had melted a bit in the sun and then had started to refreeze, so it wasn't good packing snow - but we did manage to toss a few good snowballs anyway. Seanie liked it but did not love it and went back in early - but I had to really convince Loch that hot chocolate with marshmellows was a much better idea than staying outside (especially after I got snow down my backside doing snow angels).


Venturing out into the white stuff


Sean liked playing in the snow more than this picture conveys


Snow Angels (mine and Lochlain's....duh!)

Oh - and did I mention the fact that it will be 70 degrees this weekend so all the snow will be gone by then?

The boys like to go into Seaniebear's room and read - sometimes to themselves. Sometimes to each other. Sometimes one will read to the other who will be reading to themself. But it is always in the same chair.


Looks like we got ourselves some readers here, boys....

Loch is surprising us with his sponge-like absorption of phrases and songs. Yesterday, he asked for chocolate kisses, peanut butter miniatures cups and marshmellows for dessert. He then told me "It's a tall order, Daddy, but you can do it!" And now, he is singing the Gitchee Gitchee Goo song from Phineas and Ferb all over the house.




Blast From The Past: Speaking of Lochlain's previous snow experience - here is a couple of pics from his first time in the snow (from back in aught six):





4 Comments:

Blogger feathermar said...

I love love love it!

I hope you have joined the Greensboro Public Library to bring in new books all the time...it's free! It's free and fun!

3/5/09, 1:43 PM  
Blogger I said...

But then we would have to listen to that librarian grumble about people coming in to their library - and we already get enough of that fom YOU!

3/5/09, 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey its Dom and Lochlain sure can sing! Now lets teach him pardise city by guns and roses! Also I have my own email adress. It's TheDom315@gmail.com Bye!

3/5/09, 7:17 PM  
Blogger feathermar said...

I don't grumble about people coming into the library! I grumble about people bringing their kids into the library and expecting ME to babysit them! I also complain about stinkybutts. But I think everyone has a right to work in a stink-free environment.

3/5/09, 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home