Monday, September 14, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

You know you're waaaaay behind in your blogging when your cousin Mary Jo from CA mocks you. So let's play some catch-up - starting with Father's Day. My memory is slightly hazy as it was mid-June, but I know I awoke to breakfast-in-bed and entertainment. The entertainment? A puppet show performed by Loch, Sean and Bean!
Of course, the boys wrangled me into their games later on in the morning - first I had to be examined:
But somehow, I became Doctor Daddy. Obviously, I missed the day in class when we did stethoscope training:
The next featured "holiday" was Seaniebear's birthday! I made one of my famous cakes:
Sean and Lochlain sure did like eating it:


We even got to celebrate at school - where Seanie got his special birthday hat:
Then Uncle Richie, Aunt Cass, Carter and Baby Tristan came to visit! We did all sorts of crazy things with them - like:

Read a bedtime story! It was ssooooooo interesting,

we all had to gather around to hear it!
Bean is such a good reader!


I hung out with Tristan - and also started her on my infamous early
walking plan (not pictured here)!


We ate popsicles!


We watched TV and used Uncle Richie as a pillow!


Candyland (Dora & Diego version) was played!

Then we went to NY for Baby James' Christening. We forgot our camera apparently, but Feather took a lot of pics of it - and Seanie's family party the day after. Of course, I got to hold Baby James:

Then, MORE people came to visit us in NC! Uncle John, Aunt Neese, Dom and Ryan stayed with us for a few days. We did a bunch of stuff with them:

Preparing for bed


Dom's captivating rendition of "Superhero School"


Hiking to the "Secret Playground"
(it's really not a secret - but we did hike to a far away playground)


Hanging at "The Secret Playground"


John & Denise at dinner


Bean & I at dinner - lovey


Bean & I at dinner - thoughtful
(though Beany looks more apprehensive than pensive, if you ask me)


Bean & I at dinner - fighting
(though, truth be told, it was a sucker punch)

That leaves us with the summer suddenly ending! Which meant that the boys started their first-ever YMCA Sports endeavors! Seanie is playing soccer - with his team the Wolfpack! I get to help out at the practices while Bean takes Lochlain to his Teeball practice. Seaniebear (as he is known to his coach and introduces himself to his teammates) shows the most hustle on the field I've ever seen (as long as it isnt during what would normally be naptime). He gets so into it, he ignores his teammates, the ref, the whistle, the coach, Daddy, etc. - he has literally just ran away kicking the ball with his little legs.......Lochlain is somewhat bored with Teeball according to Mommy - mostly as there is not a lot of action as you wait for the ball to be hit to you.

Both boys had their first games this past Saturday - and at different times so we both got to attend each game (though it was a slight PITA going to the fields, leaving the fields, and then returning a short while later.


Lochlain before his game - giving the "thumbs up"!


Patiently (?) waiting for the ball to come his way


Could he be the next Pele?


Coach warms up the team with some stretches


This picture (to me) is the quintessential 3 year soccer game.
You have a crying kid, children tripping over each other, a kid without a team shirt, kids out
of the action altogether, coaches, the ref, parents....

Well, that is it for now - here is a family shot taken last week:

5 Comments:

Blogger The Triscuit's Dad said...

Finally! You should rename the blog "Meagher's Quarterly Concern."

Carter's 3-yr-old soccer experience was similar, although she was usually the crying child.

9/15/09, 6:38 AM  
Blogger feathermar said...

Yay! Yay! I like everybody's haircuts in the last picture! I like the sports pictures! I like everything about it...except I want to know MORE!

9/18/09, 11:38 PM  
Anonymous kathvincook said...

You're back!! You all look great. We really missed seeing you this summer - maybe next year??

9/19/09, 9:41 AM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

You have a cousin Mary Jo in California?

10/3/09, 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Dominick 0L_0 said...

God you fineally updated your blog lol

11/3/09, 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home