Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween 2008

Halloween started out with a fight. Well, more of an argument. Hmmm, maybe a slightly heated discussion. Lochlain was to go to school with his costume on (Seanie was not). So, as Mommy was getting ready for work, it was my job to get him into his costume - his Asian Turtle costume. Here is a loose transcript of what followed:

Daddy: "Come get your Asian Turtle costume on, Loch!"
Lochlain: "I don't want to wear that, Daddy - I want to be Green Lantern!"
Daddy: "But we don't have a Green Lantern costume, Lochlain."
Lochlain (whiny): "But I wanna be Greeeeen Lannnntern Daddy!"
Daddy (gearing up for a fight): "2 choices, Loch - Asian Turtle or Mr. Incredible"
Lochlain (happily): "Mr. Incredible, Daddy!"

After explaining to me a gazillion times as we got dressed that he was actually Dash, Loch was ready for school. We did the usual Trunk-or-Treat thing at the daycare (well, I was solo this year as Bean had a last-minute change to an important conference call) this year.



I had to decorate the car by myself, and I wasn't happy with my choices to begin with. I had previously envisioned a mad scientist lab setup with dry ice and bubbling beakers, but had been overruled by my budget-conscientious overlord, errr, I mean my loving wife. I was left with this:


Isn't there an HGTV makeover show for this?

Anyway, all the kids were super excited to be there and we all had a good time, including these two boys:


That's no musclesuit - got your tickets to Loch's gun show?


SuperCute!

Here is some video of Loch's ToT - but it is hard to film and hand out treats to hyper 3 year olds:



After ToT, we headed back to our neighborhood for a pizza party and general tomfoolery. Loch and Sean played with our immediate neighbors' kids very nicely - afterwards, we went trick-or-treating throughout the neighborhood. I shot some extremely dark (in a lighting sense) video of the boys hitting one house where the owner was dressed in full Darth Vader regalia - Lochlain asked for his lightsaber (he did not get it). But here are pics of the party:


Dash gives some lucky fan a thrill


Seanie gets a ride; Loch does Secret Service duty


Look - up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane...oh. It's a plane.


Dash takes a well-deserved rest

At the end of the evening, the boys got to have one piece of candy from their baskets - and both chose M&Ms:



Give My Wife Palpitations Why Don't You Department: As a random aside, we walked into Loch's class to pick him up the other day, and as we entered, Bean went to collect Loch and I went to collect his things. A young lady in Loch's class - Carty - looked up from her drawing and said:
Loch's Future Wife

Carty: "I'm going to marry him."
Bean: "Who?"
Carty: "Lochlain! I'm going to marry him and he's going to come live with me and my family."
Bean: "But I would miss him very much - why don't you live with us?"
Carty (mulls it over for a sec): "Mmmm...OK!"
Me: "Yeeeaaah - um, what say we have a playdate first before we talk about marriage. Ok, everybody?"
Yeesh.

4 Comments:

Blogger feathermar said...

Alright! Happy Halloween!
I will tell you, my friends look adorable in their respective superhero outfits. I think your trunk looks great! I think dry ice and/or a fog machine would be a pain in the buttocks. Save it for when your kids think you're lame-o, and then you will impress them.
Save some tricks for when they're like, seven and nine...

11/4/08, 2:33 PM  
Blogger The Triscuit's Dad said...

Love the picture of Carty. "Out of my way, Iron-loser - where's that hunky Mr. Incredible?"

Looks like a fun day. Carter had a good time too, but our camera is broken, so there is no evidence for future generations.

11/4/08, 5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lochlain getting married!? What bologna is everyone pulling now!?

P.S. My name is TheDom315

11/25/08, 8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wheres lochlains wettings wetting gonna be? The beach, the hous, the park? I'm not his father, you decide!

This is from Ryan

11/25/08, 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home